Look at me posting before midnight! Okay I got a chance to play with some new products finally, now that my stamp classes, ACT/SAT testing and prom are all behind us. I love this card so much I may use it for my Convention Quality Swap this year. So if, by chance, you are a participant in Lyssa's swap you may want to avert your eyes if you like surprises.
I love it! I am probably going to change a couple of things for the swap, like using Shimmery White instead of Very Vanilla (I like it better for coloring and it is so pretty) and embossing the flower image. Embossing the image makes it super easy to stay inside the lines while watercoloring and the glossy look of heat embossing really makes the image pop. Plus I might just add a little Dazzling Details or Dazzling Diamonds to the flower, just because I like to make my Convention Quality Swaps a little over the top.
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Simply Sketched (upcoming hostess set)
- Paper: Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
- Accessories: Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder (upcoming catalog), Artisan Label Punch (upcoming catalog), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Large Oval Punch (119855), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), Blender Pen (102845)
- I love the Artisan Label Punch layered with the Scallop Oval Punch. Don't be afraid to mix and match different shapes to find fun new ways to frame a sentiment or other element.
- Also don't be afraid to make mistakes! See how the flower is "popped up" on dimensionals? I would love to say that was planned, but truthfully when I stamped the flower I accidentally caught the edge of the stamp and had a partial shadow around the stem. There are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for creative embellishment...so I cut the image out and used dimensionals to attach it to the layer. Often my "fixes" are my favorite part of the card!